Right now, it’s a perfect opportunity to rank your website higher. If you want to attract high-paying clients during such pandemic time, you need to be proactive. Google Algorithm is very complex for ranking a website. It changes all the time and is multi-faceted. Jim Kaspari, in his book, “47 Latest SEO Secrets to Getting More Web Traffic From Google,” mentioned numerous SEO tricks to help businesses to develop their web presence for attracting more customers.
Search Engine Optimization has come a long way and become more sophisticated. It is a good thing because it has improved the user experience, prevented weak or spammy content websites from getting highly ranked on search engines.
So today, we are going to talk about Do’s and Don’t for modern-day SEO, so that you stay on top of your SEO strategy.
Do’s for SEO
- White Hat Techniques: Optimize your website using white hat SEO techniques. Do proper keyword research, choose a Natural Language Processing for on formate so you can select keywords relevant and natural to your content.
- Backlinking: Get relevant backlinks from quality and relevant sites. Off-page SEO is about linking your quality content with other websites having quality and relevant content.
- Title Tags: Use your keywords naturally in titles and tags, so that your site could rank higher in search engines. Title tags are the first thing that users see in organic search.
- Content: Write the latest and engaging content. Remember, you want users to stay on your website, and allow them to navigate from one page to another naturally. You want them to enjoy the content they are reading, which is possible if you provide a good user experience with engaging content.
- Keyword Research: Empathize on conducting proper keyword research. You need to find relevant keywords, understand the volume and competition level for those keywords. Avoid using keywords with low volume and high competition. But above all, choose keywords that are relevant to your content.
- Internal Linking: When you have quality content, link it internally to another page of your site, but it should be natural. It means the two pages that you are interlinking should have relevance among them. It helps Google to crawl every page of your website and provides a better user experience.
- Have Patience: You should have patience if you want to rank your content. It takes a while to rank a website as you have to go follow the step-by-step SEO process like keyword research, writing content, meta tags, meta description, site promotion, etc..
- Mobile-Friendly: Also, focus on making your website mobile-friendly. Most of the users use mobile devices to access the internet. So make sure to provide a user-friendly experience for mobile users too.
Don’t for SEO
- Do not use black hat SEO techniques to optimize your website. Choosing a keyword arbitrarily and stuffing it into the content will degrade the end-user experience. So make sure to stay away from black hat SEO.
- Avoid backlinking with irrelevant websites. It can affect your website’s authority negatively. If your website backlinks to an irrelevant site, Google algorithm will not recognize your website, which can affect your site’s ranking on the search engines. Make sure to remove and disallow bad links.
- Do not use the same title tag on every web-page of your site. Make unique title tags for every web-page. You can do so by using keyword research to select one or two different keywords for every page and optimizing your web pages for those keywords.
- Avoid copying content from other websites. Google will see it as an irrelevant content because it’s duplicated from another site.
- Don’t take a keyword and stuff it everywhere on the web-page. Avoid keyword stuffing because it’s not going to be natural and Google will track it down. So if you want to maintain quality in your content and keywords you choose, then avoid this practice.
- Avoid building sitewide backlinks. For example, don’t only do internal linking to the homepage, or don’t link every page of your site to a single webpage.
- Avoid building bulk backlinks only to your website’s homepage. It’s not going to give you good results in the long run.
- Over optimizing anchor text should be avoided.
You have to ensure that Google can crawl your website’s content and index it. The process takes time, especially when you choose competitive keywords. When you have quality content, optimize it by using on-page SEO and off-page SEO, then your website is definitely going to rank on search engines.
Factors Involved in Keyword Research
- It is one of the important steps in SEO before doing anything else.
- This process helps you to identify popular phrases and words used by users on search engines when looking for content.
- Keyword research is based on high relevancy, less competition, and high search volume.
- All keywords in keyword research should be relevant to the content.
- There are 2 types of keyword:
- Long-tail keyword: They are specific keywords and consist of more than 3 words. These keywords are less competitive and have low search volume, but higher conversion rates. Long-tail keywords are used for targeted pages like product pages and articles. Visitors use these keywords when they are sure to make a purchase.
- Short-tail keyword: These are generic keywords that consist of less than 3 words. They have high search volume and competition, but less conversion rate. Using these keywords will take a while for your website to rank on search engines. If you are trying to drive visitors to your website, then you can use short-tail keywords.
How does Search Engine Work?
Millions of people use search engines daily, and your task is to enable your potential audience to find your website on those search engines. But the question is, “how would you do that?” Well, one thing is for sure that these search engines want your content in their index. Look at the following points to understand the search engine’s working process:
- ->A search engine sends bots, files, or spiders to crawl your website. Spiders scan a website and copy the entire content of the site.
- ->After scanning the website, they store the content in the search engine index.
- ->Finanly, based on the search query, if the search engine finds your website relevant, then it will display on the SERP.
So, this is all that I have got on do’s, and don’t you need to aware of when doing search engine optimization for a website. I hope you get to know something new as all I did was, cover the basics of this topic. If you have some suggestions, then please let me know in the comment section.
To know more about Search Engine Optimization, click below: