A couple of months ago, Samsung launched the Galaxy Buds+ earbuds with Galaxy S20. There weren’t any major changes in the design, though the battery life and audio quality were highly optimized. Then a new report came from Korea that Samsung will be launching a new series of Galaxy Buds with Active Noise cancellation at an affordable price.
It seems it’s going to happen soon enough. According to sources, the new Samsung Galaxy beans are set to launch in August 2020.
- Based on some of the specs that were slipped out recently, it seems that the new earphones will come with Active Noice Cancellation (ANC) technology.
- According to some 3D mockups, the design of the new earbuds will be in the shape of the kidney. The design is different from the Galaxy Buds/Buds+. They won’t extend out from the ear.
- If the reports are correct, the Galaxy Beans will offer six hours of playtime, but the talk time is still unknown. The charging case will juice them to 24 hours of playtime, more than that of Bud’s models. With the three minute charging, Beans can extract an hour of playtime, similar to Buds+.
- Galaxy Beans will be IPX2 water-resistant, which is a standard technology used in Samsung’s earbuds so far. They also replaced Buds+ two-way speaker with 13mm one-way speaker.
- The new Beans earbuds would be 2.8 cm long approximately. Its lower part would go inside the ear, providing effective isolation of the ambient noise.
- The model number assigned to new earbuds is SM-R180 and will feature two small loudspeakers, along with outside channels for improving sound quality.
- Beans will have multiple microphones for phone calls and to allow ambient noise to pass through.
Right now, Samsung is not suffering from COVID-related delays like Google. Also, it seems that the price value will be £179 in the UK. It’s a lot of money, but ANC isn’t cheap. Plus, it has other stuff too that other earbuds don’t have. Samsung Galaxy Beans will directly go toe-to-toe with Apple AirPods Pro. If the rumors are true, you can swap an old pair of headphones with Beans earbuds to get £30 off the price. There’s still time for its launch, and Samsung is working to make it even smaller in size. It’s a thing that Apple might have to worry about now.