OnePlus8 5G smartphones have finally appeared in the Indian market on 13th July 2020. Currently, it’s only available on online platforms like Amazon and the company’s official website. If you are interested in buying it, then head to either of the sites and grab a unit of the device.
Let us remind you that the first batch of new OnePlus Nord has already sold-out before releasing. The company will launch it on 21st July 2020. While Nord is a budget 5G smartphone, OnePlus8 will come with some premium specifications. It will come in 3 variants:
- 6GB RAM + 128GB: Priced at Rs. 41,999
- 8GB RAM + 128GB: Priced at Rs. 44,999
- 12GB RAM + 256GB: Priced at Rs. 49,999
***Prices Might Vary***
Let’s take a look at the specifications of the OnePlus8 5G smartphone:
- Equipped with 6.55″ Fluid AMOLED display with a refresh rate of 90Hz.
- Three RAM models: 6GB+128GB, 8GB+128GB, and 12GB+256GB.
- Three Color Options: Onyx Black, Interstellar Glow, and Glacial Green.
- Front Camera: 16MP for selfies
- Rear Camera: 48MP primary lens with 16MP ultra-wide lens & 2MP third sensor.
- Battery Capacity: 4300mAh with 30W Fast-Charging support.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865
- Processor: Octa-core processor (2.84GHz, Single Core, Kryo 585 + 2.42GHz, Tri core, Kryo 585 + 1.8GHz, Quad-core, Kryo 585).
- Operation System: Android v10 (Q).
- Dual SIM, GSM+GSM, SIM1: Nano, SIM2: Nano.
- Oxygen OS custom UI.
- 5G network support.
- USB Type-C Audio Jack.
- 1080×2400 pixels screen resolution.
- Wifi 802.11, ac/ax/b/g/n/n 5GHz, MIMO.
- USB Connectivity: USB Charging, Mass storage Device.
- Screen Flash.
- Bluetooth v5.1.
Let’s look into the some of the important features of OnePlus8:
- On-Screen Fingerprint Sensor Position
- Optical type Fingerprint Sensor
- Light Sensor
- Proximity Sensor
- Dolby Atmos audio type
- Gorilla Glass at Back
- Punch-hole Bezel-less display
- Corning Gorilla Glass screen protection
- Capacitive Touchscreen, Multi-touch
- USB OTG supported
- Camera Features: Fixed Focus
- Exposure compensation, ISO control
- Exmor RS sensor
- Autofocus: Phase Detection, Continuous
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode, Continuous Shooting
- 8000×6000 Pixels image resolution
- 1920×1080 @ 30fps video recording
- Non-Replaceable Battery
- Mobile Hotspot
- A-GPS, GLONASS
The company has already revealed Nord’s official cases with the listing of around $535. It will consist of Snapdragon 765G, dual selfie camera, 4115mAh battery, etc.. Now, we have to wait and see whether OnePlus8 5G smartphone will affect the Nord’s sale or not. There are not many gaps between there prices and features.
Other Upcoming Smartphones
Samsung is about to launch its Galaxy Note20 series in August 2020. The Samsung Galaxy Note20+ or Ultra will consist of a triple camera setup (108MP main camera, a periscope zoom camera, and an ultrawide unit). Also, the S Pen might double as a pointer on the device screen. We have to wait and see for ourselves on 5th August 2020, when it will become official.
The upcoming Google Pixel 5 series might carry two rear cameras, the same as the Pixel 4 lineup. The fanbase of Google Pixel is already diminishing, and if now changes will be done in Pixel 5 and 5XL designs, it might backfire Google. Also, some renders show that Google might be returning to the physical fingerprint scanner in the new Pixel model.
Also, Asus officially declared that its upcoming ROG Phone3 will launch on 22nd July 2020 with Snapdragon 865+ chipset.