Mahindra & Mahindra company finally unveiled the 2020 Editon of SUV Thar, and its quite impressive. The Indian Origin car manufacturer gave it an impressive makeover, along with creature comforts and a bunch of high-end equipment. Let’s talk about the details of its overall design:
- At the front, Mahindra introduced a dual-tone bumper with the integrated fog lamps at the sides.
- There’s a ‘Thar’ badging on the top.
- Thar gets round halogen headlamps, with indicators and LED DRLs embedded into wheel arches.
- The front grill gives a retro look to the car, which might stick out like a sore thumb to some people, but otherwise, it’s a brilliant design.
- Thar gets a massive wheel arch along with a prominent wheel cladding, rounded at the rear and trapezoidal at the front.
- It has 18″ alloy wheels and shod with 265/65 CEAT rubber.
- The front wheels will have disc brakes, and rear wheels will have drum brakes.
- 2020 Edition of Thar will come with door-mounted electrically-adjustable ORVMs, along with sidesteps for easy in and out of the vehicle.
- At the back, Thar gets a tail-mounted spare wheel, and it seems the company will not let go of old-school style SUV feel. It is a good thing as Indians love old-school cars more compared to modern SUVs.
- There are LED taillights and dual-tone rear bumper to give a modern look at the back.
- The tailgate will come with a split design, the door section opens sideways, and the glass section will open upwards.
- You can select between three versions: soft-top, convertible, and hard-top.
- The interior gets the all-black theme and some impressive equipment. It’s also water-resistant.
- Instrument console installed with a TFT multi-information display, tacho on either side and flanked by dials for a speedometer.
- There’s a 7″ touchscreen infotainment system for Android Auto and Apple Carplay. It will support smartphone and smartwatch connectivity also.
- The company installed a multi-function steering wheel, which was not in the previous models of Thar. Tire pressure and direction monitoring system, height-adjustable driver’s seat functionality, and cruise control.
- The safety features include: ABS, ISOFIX child seat mounts, hill descent control, rear parking sensors, dual front airbags, ESP, and hill hold assist.
The next-generation 2020 Mahindra Thar will also come in 2-variants: Petrol and Diesel. The 2.2-liter ‘mHawk’ diesel engine produces 130 Hp ad 320 Nm Torque, while the 2.0-litre ‘mStallion unit’ petrol engine generates 150 Hp and 320 Nm Torque. Also, the transmission options include a 6-speed torque converter automatic and 6-speed manual, along with a low-ratio gearbox. There are not any details regarding the price of Thar currently. The company will reveal prices during the launch i.e., 2nd October 2020.